For the purposes of this policy FanU Limited (we or us) is the data controller.(i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
The policy has been updated to incorporate the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 ("GDPR") and we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the GDPR and all other relevant legislation.
Personal data we may collect about you
You can browse this website without being asked to provide any personal information. We will need a certain amount of information from you to allow us to fulfil your order, answer your queries and offer a good shopping experience.
We will obtain personal data about you to allow us to process your order (such as your name, address (including delivery address if different), e-mail, whenever you complete an online form.
We will ask for payment details in order to process payment for your order.
We do not knowingly collect or store anything that is categorised as sensitive under the terms of the GDPR, including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs,
Trade Union membership, health, sex-life or sexual orientation, and genetic and / or biometric data.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purpose of providing you with the products and services we offer and to make your experience easier.
These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- marketing communications —see Marketing and unsubscribing below;
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- improving our product and services.
We do this in order to fulfil our contract with you or to meet our legitimate business interests (where of course they don't compete with your rights).
Contractual necessity for instance includes identifying you , responding to enquiries you may have, providing requested services (including processing orders and refunds),allowing you to register and set up an account on our website.
Legitimate interests includes fraud prevention, website security and personalising your online experience, allowing you to leave reviews and keeping you informed of our products and promotions etc.
You always have the right to withhold your personal information or request that we do not process it. However, that might result in us not being able to provide the products or services to you or our service being significantly impaired.
In addition we may be required by law (legal compliance) to process your personal data- for example, to comply with a court order.
Marketing and unsubscribing
We have a right to share personal information with a number of third parties to be able to provide our services. For example we will need to share information with our payment service providers who process the payment, our staff and couriers who deliver the product to you or prepare the order for despatch. We will only contact you by email, phone, SMS about our products, services, promotions, charity partners if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time.
We will usually send you an e-mail confirming your order. If you return the order, an e-mail will be sent to you confirming your refund.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us we are committed to making it as easy as possible to unsubscribe. The marketing we-mail we send out will have an unsubscribe link.
You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what marketing communications you would like to receive from us.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
1. our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services)
2. law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
3. our business partners in accordance with the marketing and unsubscribing section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
1. access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
2. we store your personal data on secure servers
3. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any transmission of data is always at your own risk.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Right of Access to your Information
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and how we process it.
You can request information by in writing to FanU Limited Unit 6 Quebec Wharf 14 Thomas Street London E14 7AF.
We will ordinarily provide the following free of charge and within 30 days of your request:
- confirmation of what personal data we hold
- a copy of this data
However, please note we may charge a fee if the information you are requesting is deemed unnecessary or excessive. We may also extend the time for providing you with the information requested by a further 60 days if we are responding to numerous requests and the request is very complex.
Asking for your personal information to be deleted.
You can ask for your information we hold about you to be deleted unless we need to retain it by law.
You should make any requests in writing to FanU Limited Unit 6 Quebec Wharf 14 Thomas Street London E14 7AF.
However, we will only do this once an order is complete and after your data has been deleted we can no longer identify you so we will not be able to accept any returns or answer any questions about previous orders.
Correcting Inaccuracies in your data
If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Retaining personal information
we will keep your information on our database for as long as is necessary and relevant. So we will delete it if you have not contacted us for a while and we believe you have no intention of doing so in the future.
Asking to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com) with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details)
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests.
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (‘browser settings’):
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org